Talent and What's It To You? | Joy Media, LLC

Joy Media, LLC

Talent.  What is it? For this blog's purposes, I am going with the online dictionary's version:  "A marked innate ability, as for artistic accomplishment."

Last night I was shooting the breeze with my older son, home from college for a few weeks.  I was telling him about a dream I had a few days ago.  As if to make a point, in the middle of the dream, my hand reached out to touch a gold earring I had on the nightstand.  It fell to the floor.  I stumbled around in the dark to find it.  When I did, I stared at it for awhile.  It's shaped like a celtic knot and I think really quite beautiful. My very involved dream had to do with raw talent.  And as I looked at the earrings, I immediately thought of two pieces of gold my son collected when he was younger.  I found them and took this photo to show you.  It's small, but I think you'll get the picture if you'll read on.

My dream was about raw talent.  And so was my discussion with JT.  The Blackhawks game had just ended and we were talking sports.  JT said the sports figures he read about say that their success had everything to do with the work they put into it.  I told JT what he was saying reminded me of what I thought about my earring after my own dream.  The earring is so beautifully shaped and shiny compared to the gold bullion cube.  Like the gold, our talents are God-given (if you believe) and a natural extension of ourselves (if that is your perspective.)  It's what we develop that becomes our gift back to God, or to ourselves.

Talent.  It makes me think about the "Find Your Joy" e-course that begins July 1st.   During this 21 days of spirit-guided journaling, you will have conversations with your higher self about a number of things.  One of them is your talents.  Do you know what they are?  Do you know which talents you have that are latent?  Will you take the time to learn what they are?

I invite you to take the "Find Your Joy" e-course.  It  will help you discover a little more about yourself, your Soul, and your relationship to Spirit.

Here's more information on the course.  If it speaks to you, don't wait.  Register today!  We begin in about a week!  Take the time to find out more about who you are and what you can accomplish.  Give this gift to yourself, if not for your own curiosity, give it so that the world will experience your unique contribution.

Written by Geri Hearne — June 18, 2013

Comments

Shannon:

Great post Geri, I’ve always thought that dreams have a special meaning to them, and this one is especially beautiful!

June 21 2013 at 07:06 AM

Suzie Cheel:

Yes our talents are god given, why we must treasure them and share them with the world. Love the photo and the dream

June 21 2013 at 07:06 AM

Nathalie:

I loved reading about your dream. The comparaison to our raw talent is wonderful. I also love that you told us about your conversation with your son. I also love to “Shoot the breeze” with my son. We learm so much from them…and that feels right. Thank you for sharing!

June 21 2013 at 08:06 AM

Louise Edington:

Yes we all have innate talents and I can usually help people remember what they are through their charts when I do astrology readings. Love to learn from my two girls also.

June 21 2013 at 09:06 AM

Terea:

I find I can learn from everyone I meet…especially I learn more about myself as it relates to the world. I love your dream1

June 21 2013 at 10:06 AM

Lisa Salisbury:

Thanks!! Love this post….I also love writing. When I was younger I used to write in my journal. Many poems as well in which I also do today. I think writing is a great way to express yourself from within

June 21 2013 at 11:06 AM

Katy:

Raw talent…love that. I think your JT is also right that success also has everything to do with the work you put into it. We have to discover our raw talent, and work with it, form it, mold it, design it…until we get those beautiful earrings to share with the world.

June 21 2013 at 02:06 PM

Paola Devescovi:

Great post! I dream a lot and I always pay attention to my dreams. They are a way to get in touch with you higher self who always has important messages or answers for you. And I always like journaling and mind mapping: these are great ways to discover your talents and the best direction to follow.

June 21 2013 at 02:06 PM

Kate Lindsay:

Raw Talent is just that. Raw. In the rough. I also fully believe that success is the result of molding and polishing (working and practice) The moments of true glory come when we share that polished treasure with the world.

June 21 2013 at 02:06 PM