"I'm Done. No I'm Not." Letting Go of Your Book
My book, "Today's Top Story is a Four-Letter Word" was done four years ago. So, why am I still having a hard time telling the printer to book it? How many edits does it take before an author feels comfortable publishing? Why is it difficult to set sail and shout "Full Speed Ahead!" I'll tell you why. It's because creation never stops.
I have learned a few things with this project.
1. There is always a better way to say something.
2. There is always a more creative way to present an idea.
3. There is always a block to overcome whether it's energetic, psychological, or financial. But on the flip side, I have also come to accept that
4. There is always a perfect time for your book to be released.
5. There is great reward in saying, "I'm Done." Let's move onto the next big thing.
So, just one more review from one more professional editor and then "I'm Done." Really, I am.